Sunday, March 11, 2012

My oh Meyer Lemon Tart

My oh my, this tart was nice. With Meyer lemons needing to be used in my ice box, this was an of course! I've done a few lemon tart/pies, but still hadn't really settled on a lemon filling that I would call my "go to".

I'm not sure this one is either, but it certainly fits the bill on this rainy day. Spring is springing around and the clocks are doing there thing, so it's time for us to think bright, shiny thoughts and I think sampling this pie might do it.

I suggest you do it too.



The pie consists of a lemon pudding from Tartine Bakery in San Francisco. I didn't make any alterations at all so I'm just going to link to the original. They have a nice step by step of the processes. (Although sometimes I just want to get to the recipe.)

http://food52.com/blog/2980_tartine_bakerys_lemon_cream

Just a note about this recipe, the directions say to cook the lemon mixture until it reaches 180 degrees, I could never get over 160 degrees, but the pudding was coating my whisk and eggs are safe at 145 degrees. So I was happy with that.

The crust comes from a fig tart over at the Nourished Kitchen. I was looking for something a little different and this seem to work, you'll have to scroll down to the bottom to find the crust recipe. This recipe called for the crust to be cooked for 35 minutes, but at 15, my edges were brown and the bottom was firm.

http://nourishedkitchen.com/fresh-fig-tart-almond-crust/

If you decide to make the fig and yogurt tart, save me a piece.

Thanks.


3/15/2012 UPDATE! I submitted this recipe (with appropriate credits) to instructables.com and it became one of the editors pick's!!!!  http://www.instructables.com/tag/type-id/category-food/

2 comments: