Tuesday, June 19, 2012

TWD - French Strawberry Cupcake

I made a cupcake. A boozy cupcake. I hope it makes people giggly when they eat one (especially since I sent them to work with my husband). Drunk and giggly at 8:00 am. I believe every day should start giggly, maybe not drunk, but at least giggly.

European Strawberry Cupcake

This, which looks like your grandma's strawberry shortcake in the south, is in reality a French Strawberry Cake and I feel that I upped the Frenchiness by macerating the strawberries in wine. Well it was a riesling, so maybe I should change it to German Strawberry Cake. But wait genoise is Italian...ok European Strawberry Cake.

No more. Cupcake. Last one.


I think everyone should visit the two hosts for this recipe so they have some vague idea what I'm referring to. Then come back and re-read my second paragraph. It'll be much better.

Host A: http://sophiasbaking.blogspot.com/2012/06/twd-french-strawberry-cake.html

Host 2: http://thinklovesleepdine.blogspot.com/2012/06/twd-french-strawberry-cake.html

They have reprinted the recipe (with permission) although you should get the book. It's by Dorie Greenspan for the love of cookies! My dog smells like cookies right now. That is nice. And no I didn't rub cookies all over her. But that's a thought. Schnauzer Cookies. Now those would be German!

Boy, you would think I had a few of these cupcakes already...

Check out my moose and squirrel sugar cookies. They make me giggly, prairie dogs make me giggly too.

Moose and Squirrel


No more. Giggly. Stop it.

Ok...one more, this cupcake was amazing.


5 comments:

  1. What a great idea to make cupcakes! I think giggly is a good thing at work:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cupcake (very original idea) and very cute cookies. I'm partial to moose (mooses?) myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are those!!! (including the cookies)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boozy, giggly cupcakes and giddy cookies. What more could one hope for? :-)

    ReplyDelete